The following is based on what was originally the Book of the Month at Unite Education – a project that ran from mid 2013 to early 2018.
On May Day 2020, a book – and film – categories recommendations section was started and is being added to on a regular basis
A note to these links:-
If you can, please buy titles from progressive/trade union organised bookshops
The book-links used on these pages are all to http://www.amazon.co.uk. This is not ideal and it may upset one or two people. Sadly, there is not the time to keep regularly updating the lists so a potential buyer can get them from a progressive/trade union organised bookshop.
If you are keen and willing to take the time purchasing books from such shops then we would recommend the following:-
- Trade unions are recognised by Waterstones.
- News from Nowhere, Liverpool 0151 708 7270
- Housmans, Kings Cross, London 020 7837 4473 |
- Lighthouse Bookshop, Edinburgh 0131 662 9112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookmarx, Central London
- The Bookcase, Hebden Bridge 01422 845353 email@example.com
- Five Leaves Bookshop, Nottingham
- Left on the Shelf, Kendal 01539 729599
- Dreadnought Books, Bristol 01539 729599
- October Books, Southampton 0203 8058 1030
- Newham Bookshop, http://www.newhambooks.co.uk 020 8852 9993
- The Bookshop, East Grinstead 01342 322669
- Printed Matters Bookshop, Hastings 01424 440466