The following is based on what was originally the Book of the Month at Unite Education – a project that ran from mid 2013 to early 2018.
On May Day 2020, a book – and film – categories recommendations section was started and is being added to on a regular basis
A note to these links:-
If you can, please buy titles from progressive/trade union organised bookshops
The book-links used on these pages are all to http://www.amazon.co.uk. This is purely for bibliographical detail about the books, and in no way an endorsement to use Amazon for purchase. Sadly, there is not the time to keep regularly updating the lists so a potential buyer can get them from a progressive/trade union organised bookshop.
If you are keen and willing to take the time purchasing books from such shops then we would recommend the following:-
- Trade unions are recognised by Waterstones.
- News from Nowhere, Liverpool 0151 708 7270
- Housmans, Kings Cross, London 020 7837 4473 |
- Lighthouse Bookshop, Edinburgh 0131 662 9112 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookmarx, Central London
- The Bookcase, Hebden Bridge 01422 845353 email@example.com
- Five Leaves Bookshop, Nottingham
- Left on the Shelf, Kendal 01539 729599
- Dreadnought Books, Bristol 01539 729599
- October Books, Southampton 0203 8058 1030
- Newham Bookshop 020 8852 9993
- The Bookshop, East Grinstead 01342 322669
- Printed Matters Bookshop, Hastings 01424 440466